Just because your campus is closed does not mean learning stops!
This “event” is part conference and part online community to provide a platform for schools to share good practices around the continuation of learning in the event of campus closure. Bringing together global experts in online learning with school leaders, technologists and lead teachers.
By learning and growing together we will improve on practices for all schools in a difficult time.
By joining you can access a variety of live online sessions, an online community forum and resources.
Do you want to be informed/learn more please SIGNUP to our mailing list.
Why A Virtual School Conference?
Over the course of the last 20 years we have seen a number of significant school closures in Asia beginning with SARS in Spring 2003. Some schools may have seen it all before and have well tried and tested systems and processes in place to handle this and are able to share this expertise. Other schools may never have experienced school closures before, or may simply be new and so have never encountered this situation before.
Whatever your context, there are many who have expertise to share and many more for whom school closure will be a whole new learning experience.
Why not join us for this timely online conference to contribute or learn about the many challenges posed by school closures and tested ways to meet these challenges.
- Leadership – Policies and Procedures
- Technology – Platforms and Tools
- Pastoral Care at a Distance including Safeguarding
- Subject Area Needs
- Updated information about Coronavirus
Types of Sessions
- Panel Discussions – Moderated Discussions with 3-4 experts
- Presentations – 45m Presentations with Workshops
- Keynote Session – Presentation from thought leader
- Tool Sharing – 30m session “byte size” session highlighting the affordances of a particular tool
- Community Conversations – Facilitated “job-a-like” conversations between groups of educators in common jobs. For example: early years teachers, HR managers, tech directors
- All sessions, apart from the Community Conversations, will be recorded for later review.
- Each session will be run by a moderator to ensure a safe environment where diverse opinions can be expressed and where everyone can be heard
Benefits of Attending
- Receive access to space where you can find virtual learning plans, templates, presentation materials, etc.
- Opportunities to continue learning and discussion – access to online forums after the conference
- Learning at own pace and time – Majority of sessions will be recorded
- Community – Opportunity to “find your tribe” in online job-a-like meetups.