In just a short 10 years the world has been rocked by a digital, social media revolution that is changing the face of societies and education. We are just beginning to understand what all this means for society, ourselves and our students.
Come along as we explore this digital revolution and its impact on political evolution, social identity and the world of education. We explore how massive social media companies like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and more enable an expanded sense of identity and communication, and altering old social structures, norms and practices.
- Have a base understanding of the digital and communication revolution that is changing how we interact with each other
- Better understand the power of social media and how it impacts our students and ourselves
- Become aware of the power of learning analytics and adaptive learning to better customize how we prepare content for our students
- Understand how big data and privacy intersect
- View the power micro credentials and digital badging
- Learn the importance of our digital reputation and how to take control if it
- Understand the power of communities and our desire to fit in