Terms and Conditions for Events and Courses
In registering for a 21st Century Learning International event, the attendee agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions in total. Confirming a booking is taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions and it is the attendees responsibility to read and understand these before placing an order with 21st Century Learning International, henceforth referred to as 21CLI.
- All bookings are taken on these terms and conditions only.
- Applications are reviewed on a “first come, first served” basis, i.e. by received time and date.
- Bookings will be confirmed electronically via email.
- 21CLI only provides those services as detailed on the event or course website
- Payment made to 21CLI is for the event or course services only as described on the website
- All bookings must be made through the 2CLI online booking system, and all completed bookings are considered final.
- Organisations paying for events by bank transfer should ensure their institution name is clearly identified on the bank transfer document and this document should be sent by email to 21CLI.
- All bookings must be paid for and in full seven days prior to the event. 21CLI reserves the right to impose late fees immediately from the end of the event to all unpaid invoices regardless of invoice date.
- When a hotel booking is available as an option during the event or course registration process, then the attendee must make all arrangements exclusively via 21CLI to secure the event rate.
- Any ‘extras’ charged to the room e.g. gratuities, drinks, room service, laundry etc. is the sole responsibility of the attendee and these must be settled with the hotel on check-out.
- Transport required to reach any other destination or venue is not included in the event or course fees unless explicitly stated in the event description
- 21CLI accepts no responsibility of liability for the services provided by the hotel.
- Hotel rooms may sell out at the preferential event rate in which case 21CLI will contact the attendee to discuss alternative options where available.
- 21CLI does not guarantee the cheapest available rates.
- In the case where links are provided on the 21CLI website to a recommended hotel(s), then the arrangement for accommodation and any other services is made directly between the attendee and the hotel and 21CL bears no responsibility for any aspect of this arrangement.
- Personal information provided as part of the registration process will be handled by 21CLI in accordance with the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Revised 2003.
- 21CLI may pass names and any other relevant personal data to the venue to allow the venue to comply with reservation, safety and security policies and procedures
- 21CLI may pass names and any other relevant personal data to partner organization and/or workshop/course leaders to allow for provision of event/course services.
- 21CLI may publish an attendance list (consisting of attendees’ names and organisational details) which will be distributed to all attendees and exhibitors attending the event unless the attendee has specifically requested that he/she be omitted from this list. This notification must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 10 days prior to the event starting.
- 21CLI will use the e-mail address provided to acknowledge bookings electronically. 21CLI will also use this email to provide information about future events. An unsubscribe feature is provided on all 21CL mailings.
- 21CLI will make extensive use of digital photography and video recording to document the event and it is a condition of attending the event that the attendee agrees that 21CLI may use images for publicity and promotion purposes. 21CLI will only use images which present the attendee in a professional manner and appearance.
Dietary or Access Requirements
Special requirements must be notified at the time of registration
- Specific Dietary requirements; These will be passed on to the event catering company for review. In any event, it is the responsibility of the attendee to ensure that the food made available by the catering company meets their specific dietary requirements
- Any other special requirements the organiser should be aware of that relate to the attendees personal needs and/or safety
It is a condition of booking that the attendee will at all times abide by the 21CLI Code of Conduct. Attendees breaching the 21CLI code of conduct may be asked to leave the event and in this case, no refund will be payable.
- Attendees are not permitted to bring guests into any venue under any circumstances except with specific permission from 21CLI.
- If a guest is authorised by 21CLI then they must wear an official event badge provided by 2CLI at all times.
- Any person not wearing an official badge will be asked to leave the event.
- Tickets can be purchased for certain events, such as dinners and social occasions, and in this case, guests will be provided with an official badge for entry to that specific event
Seminars or Workshops Run within a Conference or Event
- All workshops and seminars are advertised in good faith but circumstances beyond our control may result in amendments or cancellations.
- Where spaces are limited all workshops and seminars are offered on a first come, first served basis. No guarantee is made for access to any specific workshop or presentation during the conference or event.
- If you wish to cancel your event booking then please email email@example.com at the earliest possible time and provide your booking reference or invoice number.
- An alternative attendee may attend subject to a $50USD administration charge. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking reference or invoice number and the full details of the changes to be made.
- The following refund policy will strictly apply in relation to any cancellations of event places or hotels
- More than 60 calendar days prior to the first day of the event a 100% refund will be due less a US$50 administration fee.
- Between 30 calendar days and 59 days prior to the event a 50% refund will be due less a US$50 administration fee.
- Between 15 calendar days and 29 days prior to the event a 25% refund will be due less a US$50 administration fee
- 14 calendar days or less prior to event no refund will be due under any circumstances
- All refunds are exclusive of the 4% registration charge.
If an attendee wishes to change from one event or course to another this is permissible at any time prior to the start of the event or course subject to availability. This will incur a $50USD admin fee.
If hotel bookings are included, these cannot be changed and are subject to the standard cancellation fees.
- 21CLI and the host venue accept no responsibility or liability for the loss or damage to personal effects belonging to attendees or any permitted authorised guests.
- 21CLI reserves the right to cancel the event or vary any part of the event at its discretion. If the event is cancelled the maximum liability of 21CLI is the return of any money paid by attendees to 21CLI after non-refundable costs have been deducted (such as keynote speaker fees). There shall be no liability for variation made to the event proceedings. Where variations are to take place or there is to be cancellation, 21CLI will endeavour to give as much notice as reasonably possible.
- 21CLI will not be liable for any failure or delay in the delivery of the event which is caused by circumstances beyond its control. Circumstances could include, the failure of hosting venue or caters to deliver its services, Acts of God, industrial (Union) action, acts of terrorism, risk of infection from disease, anything liable to compromise public health, safety or civil disorder.
- Save for cases where its negligence causes death or personal injury, neither 21CLI host venue jointly or individually accept any responsibility or liability for any illness, damage to property or personal injury caused to attendees or their guests or others while at the event venue or while staying in the Hotel. Event attendees should ensure they are suitably covered by personal insurance and especially those who are travelling to the event from overseas.
- All speakers at the event are attending on their own behalf and 21CLI is not liable for anything they say or do.
- Under no circumstances will 2CLI be liable for any travel or accommodation costs if the event has to be cancelled for any reason. Attendees should ensure they always book refundable flights and hotel rooms
- These conditions are the entire conditions between the parties relating to the event and supersede all other understandings.
- No temporary forbearance shall constitute a waiver.
- No third party may rely upon these conditions.
- The applicable law shall be Hong Kong law and the Hong Kong Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.