Explore ways to collect, store and leverage data for improved educational outcomes
Join us for a 2.5-hour online symposium to learn how data can be leveraged to improve student learning, drive successful teaching practices as well as foster better operational outcomes in a K-12 setting.
Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the importance of data in education, how to collect and analyze data, and how to use data to inform decision making.
Through hands-on activities and real-world examples, participants will hear from a variety of school based examples of how data has been used to transform practice. Whether you are a teacher, administrator, or other education professional, this symposium is the perfect opportunity to build your knowledge, gain from hearing a variety of perspectives and leave with a network of fellow educators interested in this topic.
- Explore different platforms for data collection, storage, analysis & visualization
- How do you make data collection and storage sustainable?
- Going beyond sporadic collection and use of data towards a data culture
- Data informed decisions for continuous improvement
Who is Presenting?
- Matthew Savage, Keynote
Data and assessment are, or should be, a moral and revolutionary act. They are, or should be, ‘the great leveller’. And they are also, fundamentally, a choice. In this keynote, Matthew will argue that, above and beyond all else, data in schools should drive DEIJ and maximise wellbeing.
- Sarah Howard, University of Wollongong – Panelist
- Chloe Pollack, Victoria Shanghai Academy – Panelist
- Carol Jordan, Canadian International School Singapore – Panelist
- Piotr Olczak, Director of Learning Analytics, Learning Analytics Collaborative
SEL Social Capital Survey – Data Visualizations & Insights
- Paul Swanson, Director of Digital Learning, Stamford American School
Learn how you can use free tools within Google Workspace (BigQuery and DataStudio) to build data culture across your school.
- Chloe Pollack, Diploma Program Coordinator, Victoria Shanghai Academy
Using Student Data to Support Strategic Planning
- Kazuna Soeldner, Founder, KazuConnect
Data Fundamentals: Getting policies and core systems in place to set a school up for success
- Ben Summerton & Chris Smith, Singapore American School
The shift from EdTech to Data Literacy, Culture and Strategy
- Ryan Tannenbaum, for.education
Building your own, privacy focused, AI for your school
- Adam Pecher, Hong Kong International School
Transforming data into knowledge: Empowering educators with Tableau visualizations.
- Alexey Popov, English Schools Foundation
ESF’s journey towards the future of data-informed education
- Scott Hall, International School Basel
Schools need ways to clearly present the data they collect for the benefit of their programs.
- Jordan Benedict, International School of Luxembourg
Making Data Work: The mindsets, the tools, and the routines to be successful with using data effectively in schools
Want to stay updated? Contribute?
Who Should Attend and Why?
- Data Managers
- Directors of EdTech / Directors of Innovation
- Technology Coaches/Integrators
- Curriculum Coordinators
- School-Based Leaders
- Group Technology Directors
- Director of Education for School Groups
We encourage teams to attend the workshop so they can take advantage of hearing the multiple perspectives presented. This will support schools and their teams in subsequent internal engagements including discussion, design, and undertaking team reflections.