Two Day Face to Face Workshop Followed by 4 Week Online Course
BBC Micro:bit enables schools to bring accessible and affordable micro-controllers into the classroom. Coding should not just be stuck on a screen, it should be part of growing student’s maker empowerment and allow them to create their own inventions, digital devices and wearables that integrate sensors, motors, LEDs and other electronics components.
This course gives you the opportunity to join a cohort of educators learning to innovate with, and embed, micro:bit into your curriculum and learning engagements. During the 2 day face to face workshop participants will receive expert instruction on how to code and create with micro:bit as part of inventions and designs. The group will learn how to build student and teacher confidence with electronics and examine integration strategies. The workshop is an exciting hands-on experience.
Following the face to face workshop participants will dive deeper into Micro:bit within their own practice and school context. Using equipment provided to all course participants, you will implement your skills and learn from the group of educators as part of a four module online course. This is the opportunity to really start to innovate and embed Micro:bit into your classroom or Making activities.
This course is a great opportunity for educators to grow their own skills and to support and enable students in adding amazing electronics to their creations. Coding for Micro:bit and physical devices is a good way to enhance understanding of mathematics, computing and design technology concepts. Having Micro:bit as a core option for students in a classroom or Makerspace creates opportunities for students to exercise agency in exploring what they can make.
15 and 16 May 2021 (Saturday & Sunday)
09:00 – 16:00 each day
Includes lunch and morning break
$695USD – One registration
$650USD – Three or more
$625USD – Five or more
What is included:
- Two Day Face to Face Workshop [12 hours of CPD]
- Four module online course [2 hours per module] – over four weeks
- Certificate for the face to face component and online course
- Over US$50 worth of equipment you can bring back to your school
Who Should Attend
- Educators new to Miro:bit who want to develop their skills
- Educators that know micro:bit but are looking for new ways to use them, and to integrated into the curriculum of their school
- Educators charged with creating an innovative and dynamic maker space in their school