View All >
Dive in deep with Physical Education & Movement Coach and Author Andy Hair as he leads you through a three-part online workshop in developing a quality Physical Education programs in the primary school.
We know that lifelong fitness and wellness is built on the skills, habits and positive experiences with fitness, sports and athletics at a young age. This workshops series will first take a big picture look at the whole program and wider school impact then look at assessment and physical literacy.
This workshop is appropriate for PE Teachers in any school setting regardless of curriculum.
- SESSION A- WHAT DOES A QUALITY PROGRAM LOOK LIKE IN A PRIMARY SCHOOL?
- Your role
- Your program, curriculum and extra curriculum
- Wider school impact
- Classrooms, whole-school physical literacy, community
- Swimming, Interschool Sport, camps and excursions
- Physical library, sports borrowing
- Student leadership
Date: 7 May 2022 (3-4pm GMT+8)
- SESSION B- PLANNING FOR RICH CURRICULUM AND ASSESSMENT DESIGNS
- What are we teaching?
- Why are we teaching this?
- How often do we see our students?
- What opportunities exist outside of school for our students to practise what we teach them
- What are we assessing? How do we assess
Date: 14 May 2022 (3-4pm GMT+8)
- SESSION C- WHOLE SCHOOL APPROACH TO PHYSICAL LITERACY
- What is our whole staff responsibility?
- Where can we build Physical Activity into different parts of the day?
- Signs, challenges and activities
- Eliminating barriers
Date: 21 May 2022 (3-4pm GMT+8)